"Installing Rapid Analytics on Ubuntu 104.4"

alanbalanb Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi

I would like to install Rapid Analytics on Ubuntu 10.04.4 (this is the only config I have access to) can someone point me to some documentation on how to do this or what are the prerequisites. Do I need to have rapid miner installed before I can install Rapid Analytics ? Any help or documentation is much appreciated.

Thanks
-A

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you can download the latest version and install RapidAnalytics via the provided installer by just following the instructions.

Regards,
    Marco
  • alanbalanb Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thanks for your swift response I have had lots of problems so im starting the installation process again from scratch.
    A few questions
    Is the rapid miner application a pre requisite to installing rapid analytics?
    If so can you installing rapid miner from the command line as I am using a headless server?

Thanks

Alan

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

RapidAnalytics uses its own RapidMiner version, so you do not need to have it installed before you install RapidAnalytics. You can install RapidAnalytics on a headless server via command line, however it requires you to go through the GUI-based installation process (w/o actually installing it) once to generate the config script needed on the server for headless installation (check the generate config script checkbox in the last installer step and uncheck the install RA checkbox). When you then start the installer via command line on the server, just pass "help" as a parameter for help.

Regards,
    Marco