Options

New GIT repository location

Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi all,

Our Git repository can be found at https://github.com/rapidminer/rapidminer-studio

Best,
Nils
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    siamak_wantsiamak_want Member Posts: 98 Contributor II
    Thank you Nils.
    But, Is the last version 5.3.13?

When I update the RM through GUI it will be updated to 5.3.15! But the latest version on both Github and sourceforge is 5.3.13. I am confused about that. would you please explain that?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

RM 5.3.13 is identical to 5.3.15 except for the rebranding.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    paulr1984paulr1984 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    I had a look at your new git repository at https://github.com/rapidminer/rapidminer. ; Why is there only 1 contributor and 8 commits within the past 8 months?  Has this project completely stagnated?
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

RapidMiner Studio 6 is out for a couple of months now so most work is done on that version, so RM 5 does not see that much activity. Also we do not work with that git repository directly which is why the stats are wrong.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    user007user007 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi,

I am trying to find the .jar library or the source code in order to experiment with the APIs, but as pointed out in previous posts the source code version on github is 5.3. I guess the change from 5.3 to current version (6.?) is substantial.
    Is there a link to the .jar or source code for the current version please?
    Also, the tutorial for how to extend RapidMiner I can get is from 2012. Is there an updated tutorial?

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi,

the "How to extend RapidMiner" tutorial is still in the process of being updated. However there is a slightly more up to date (compared to 2012) version available here: https://rapidminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/RapidMiner-extensions.pdf
    The sources.jar is not yet available either :( Changes from 5 to 6 are mostly under the hood, public API methods were not changed drastically for the most part. Until things are available, I suggest looking at the code of version 5 and build against the current rapidminer-xyz.jars.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Marco,

Just to follow up on this, do you know when the update will become available?

Thanks,
  • Options
    Hi,

no ETA available yet.

Regards,
    Marco