Options

RM MAC

DocMusherDocMusher Member Posts: 333 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help
Sorry for the stupid question but, using a Mac I have 2 locations related to RM: the .RapidMiner Studio (app) and the map with RapidMiner Studio.
The problems I am confronted with after updating is to 6.5 are:

1.My license changed from enterprise (Academia Program) to professional trial ending tomorrow
2.The radoop extension is lost
3. The Statistics extension from Sebastian is lost
I have however copied the plugins to the app environment. The do not start with rmx.

What is the solution, which part should be deleted, where is the problem located.
Cheers
Sven

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

To avoid possible confusion, let me start by saying this:
    There are 2 locations relevant for RapidMiner Studio. The first is the actual app which is placed wherever Mac puts stuff you drag into the app folder. The second is the .RapidMiner folder in your user home directory.
    The app can be updated at will, it contains no user data. The .RapidMiner folder on the other hand contains everything related to your usage of RapidMiner Studio, from the repository over licenses to downloaded extensions.

Now to your list:
    1. The licensing mechanism has changed between 6.4 and 6.5. That means your old licenses are no longer working with Studio 6.5. Customers have had licenses generated automatically for the new version, but I think (don't quote me on that) Academia users have to issue a new academia request (you can of course reference your previous academia status). When looking at https://my.rapidminer.com you will likely see that you do not have an Academia license for Studio 6.5+
    2. + 3. You can check what is preventing them from loading by looking at the rapidminer-studio.log file in the .RapidMiner folder. Problems either are displayed in the log or they will be presented to you in a new dialog after Studio has started, depending on what exactly goes wrong.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    DocMusherDocMusher Member Posts: 333 Unicorn
    Hi,
    For the record, El Capitan generates no problem using RM 6.5
    cheers
    Sven
  • Options
    earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    Just out of curiosity: Where did you get the Statistics extension? What does it do?
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,509 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

the stats extension is a commerical third party extension by one of our partners.
    Their homepage is: https://oldworldcomputing.com/

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany