"How can we match operator name to the Rapid-i extensions?"

daradara Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Example I saw a video tutorials using WINDOWING operator, but had no idea which extension this was in. Accidentally I just found it in Series extension.

Is there a way I can match operators to extensions?

D
Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

when you click on an operator, you can see its name and in paranethesis the name of the extension in the 'Help' view. For example, the 'Read Document' operator shows as "Read Document (Text Processing)".

Regards,
    Marco
  • daradara Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
    No you did not understand me. I DO NOT HAVE THE OPERATOR, I see it in some presentation and it is now in the list of operators in my current Rapid Miner setup.

So I would like to find an extension that includes it, and there is no way I could match an operator name to an extension.

D
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

oh sorry, my bad. I need more coffee ;D
    If you have the xml of the process you can see the key of the extension in the <operator> element which contains the class attribute, so for the 'Read Document' operator it looks like <operator class="text:read_document" ...>. The key is the part before the ':' in the class attribute, from which you can derive the name of the extension most of the time. Apart from that, you could try searching the wiki for the name, however it may not be up to date anymore.
    If it is not in there however, you are out of luck I'm afraid. Then you'll probably have to ask for the extension in the forums ;)

Regards,
    Marco