"Join two tables using several attributes as key attributes"

bzavalabzavala Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi! I need to join two tables using several attributes as key attributes. What I was doing was concatenate all these attributes and then using the new attribute as a key, but I want to know if there is any better solution than that.Β  In addition, generate concatenation operator only allows to concatenate two attributes at time, so I need to use a lot of boxes to generate my key attribute. So, is there any way to concatenate several attributes at the time? And is there any other way to join tables using several attributes? My solution works OK but my entire process looks huge while is very simple.
Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

if you uncheck the "use id as key" option you can have a option to use several keys to match for joining.

~Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • bzavalabzavala Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
    I havent realized that I was able to add entrys to add more key attributes. Sorry for such stupid question. Thanks you!
  • bzavalabzavala Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
    And what about concatenating several attributes in only one step? s there a way to do that?
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    puh, since generate aggragation has no concat, i do not know a single operator solution for this
    Dortmund, Germany
  • JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    The Generate Attributes operator has concat(), that might help.Β 
    yep, but to that for several attributes you need to add a loop attributes or so around :-)

So at least 2 operators.
    Dortmund, Germany