where can I find a RM 5.3 ready to download and run?

csoarescsoares Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
I found RM5.3 in github but I cannot run it in mac or linux. It seems to be the source only as the execution fails due to the missing rapidminer jar.

Where can I find one?

best regards,
Carlos

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

what is the reason not to use 6.5?
    Five is available here: https://github.com/rapidminer/rapidminer-5

~Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • csoarescsoares Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    hi Martin,
    thanks for the quick answer.

I have found that version, downloaded it, but could not run it. The system complains that rapidminer.jar cannot be found.

I'm using 5.3 for teaching purposes for a very lazy reason: I have a lot of materials using that version :-)

best regards,
    Carlos
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    I carlos,

you are aware of our academical program? There you also get RM Server. Kind of handy for courses.

~Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
    Hi Martin,
    yes, I'm aware of the academic program. But I would like to keep my materials (with images from v5.3) for a couple of years more...  Is there a url where I can download the pre-compiled version, that I can also distribute to my students?
    regards,
    Carlos
    Hi,

interestingly the sourceforge files are gone. The windows version is available e.g. on heise: http://www.heise.de/download/rapidminer-2357ed83a7a9cae41e197e5e2e673d7b-1444197478-2646252.html

Does this help?

~Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
    hi Martin,
    thanks for the link. It helps partially, but I still need the version for mac os and linux, if you can find it.
    regards,
    Carlos
    hi,
    any news regarding this?
    best regards,
    Carlos
    P.S. BTW, I have a version which I can distribute to my students, but I would prefer to distribute a "legit" version
    hi,
    any news regarding this?
    best regards,
    Carlos
    P.S. BTW, I have a version which I can distribute to my students, but I would prefer to distribute a "legit" version