Options

process wires

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
hi again...just a very small tweak request.  Can the process wires be "behind" the operator "comment" (the new feature that can be added below), instead of in front of them?  Often they cut right through and is quite annoying.

Thanks!

Scott
0 votes

Fixed and Released · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

this was explicitly done so you don't lose track of your connections. Also it looks weird when an operator is hovering over a comment but its connecting wires are behind the comment. If you want to read everything, you either have to select the annotation or move the operators around so it's not covered.
    I guess there are situations where a different behavior would be desirable, but in general we believe it is more beneficial this way.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hmm ok.  Different priorities I guess.  Thanks, Marco.

Scott
  • Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    This is going to sound really weird, but one thing that I thought that might resolve the issue is 'push-pins'. 

I suggest that to tidy up the operator wiring I could add a pushpin to it which would the wire in place at a certain position on the screen?  I could use the push-pin to move the operator wiring comfortably out of the way of my comment and the process would look much neater when I take a screenshot for a PPT or paper. 

What do you both think?
  • Options
    that would work nicely!  Good idea.

Scott