Question on Community vs Professional versions

tmyerstmyers Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi. When I open my RapidMiner trial, I am initially presented a "trial ending soon" screen. I’m curious- what does it mean by “Reusable operators & processes”? Does this mean I can’t save (and later access) the processes or operators I create using the free Community edition?

I'm trying to determine if I will lose the work I've done thus far because it will prevent me from saving my processes once the Pro Trial ends.

Any clarification on what “Reusable operators & processes” actually means would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

this is essentially building blocks and the option to use execute process. Further you do not have accsess to commerical SQL databases with the community edition.

~Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • tmyerstmyers Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    Thank you Martin, that was the clarification I needed.

Regards,

Tim
  • Neon67Neon67 Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    What about XML and Json files ?

Is this part of the free version or just for the professional ? By activating the community version I got those but It is unclear for me if they belonds to the trial version or the community version
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    hi,

they should be part of the community version but not of the basic version

~Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany