Options

Correlation Attributes with SVM

theopilus27theopilus27 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
im sorry my english very bad.
ok. i am implementation SVM for major in higher students school
for my case with two classification (IPA & IPS) with 17 attributes and two attributes prediction (IPA& IPS)
this is my example dataset :

A      B    C  D    E    F    G
0.1  0.2  0.3 9.0  8.0 7.0  IPA

my questions is :
1) how i can implementation min-max normalization with rapidminer ?
2). how i can find correlation attributes ? i have been tried using Correlation matrix but can unable pairwise attribute (example : attributes A & B correlation 0.7) I would expect to show 3 or more correlation attributes..

Please help me..

Thx u very much

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

1) You can use the Normalize operator.
    2) The Correlation Matrix operator has 3 outputs. Did you have a look at all of them?

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    Thx u very much Marius..
    has 3 outputs?? mm, in my display unable pairwise attribute (example : attributes A & B correlation 0.7)..why different??
    i used 10 fold cross validation. if after i  was used 10 fold cross validation, what i do need to do divided my data set into two parts
    ( training and testing) ??
    "because my literature said that the data should divided into two parts ( training and testing) with 50%-50%. testing data is used to labeling.."
  • Options
    Yes, the Correlation Matrix has three outputs. Just connect the second one called "mat" to the process output and have a look at the Pairwise Table - that's what you are looking for.

Regarding the cross validation: if you use a cross validation, you don't need a so-called hold-out validation in addition. Just google for the cross validation to find out about its concepts and its use. There is a lot of material about it on the web.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    Thx u very much Marius..very interesting for me...
    my next questing is if i am using normalization (for example minmax and decimal point normalization) what this change structur my dataset ??
    and
    how do i know processing time consume when classification in rapidminer ???
  • Options
    and also about Min-max Normalization with up (1) and bottom (-1) with Normalize-operator,
    i ve tried it but why the result is different with my calculate with excel..??

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.3.008">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve svmthesis_original" width="90" x="112" y="30">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Local Repository/svmthesis_original"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="normalize" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" height="94" name="Normalize" width="90" x="246" y="30"/>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve svmthesis_original" from_port="output" to_op="Normalize" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Normalize" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    my formula in excel is
    =(B3-B$291)/(B$292-B$291)*(1-(-1))+1
    Please help me sir..thx u..
  • Options
    Hi,

you have to enable expert mode in RapidMiner (if not yet done so), and set the method parameter of the Normalization operator to range_transformation.

Best regards,
    Marius