IOMultiplier and IOSelector and other basic questions

Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited November 2018 in Help
hi all,

I am new to RapidMiner and have some basic questions now:

1) IOMultiplier and IOSelector

can somebody give me a full working example of how to use IOMultiplier? what I want to do is to duplicate a dataset to create two separate operator chains for preprocessing the data.

the following micky mouse example is working, but validating the process structure throws an error ([Error] Mapping_1: Mapping_1: Mapping_1: Missing input: ExampleSet).

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
   <operator name="DatabaseExampleSource" class="DatabaseExampleSource">
       <parameter key="database_system" value="PostgreSQL"/>
       <!-- connection settings -->
   </operator>
   <operator name="IOMultiplier" class="IOMultiplier">
       <parameter key="io_object" value="ExampleSet"/>
       <parameter key="number_of_copies" value="2"/>
   </operator>
   <operator name="IOSelector_1" class="IOSelector">
<parameter key="select_which" value="1"/>
   </operator>
   <operator name="Mapping_1" class="Mapping">
       <parameter key="add_default_mapping" value="true"/>
       <parameter key="attributes" value="attribute_name"/>
       <parameter key="default_value" value="17"/>
   </operator>
   <operator name="IOSelector_2" class="IOSelector">
       <parameter key="select_which" value="2"/>
   </operator>
   <operator name="Mapping_2" class="Mapping">
       <parameter key="add_default_mapping" value="true"/>
       <parameter key="attributes" value="attribute_name"/>
       <parameter key="default_value" value="4"/>
   </operator>
</operator>
is there a way to get a graphic representation of separate operator chains in the tree structure of the operator tree view? (with n child nodes for an IOMultiplier)

2) change attribute type

how can I change the attribute type from integer to nominal without defining a mapping? what I would like to have is something like String.valueOf(int i) applied to each value of a column in my dataset. again, could someone give me a complete working example please?

thanks!

Answers

• steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello

the following micky mouse example is working, but validating the process structure throws an error ([Error] Mapping_1: Mapping_1: Mapping_1: Missing input: ExampleSet).
    As far as I know, the validation procedure has problems with the count of IOObjects. If your process is working, feel free to ignore the messages. Beside I see no problem with your setup.

is there a way to get a graphic representation of separate operator chains in the tree structure of the operator tree view? (with n child nodes for an IOMultiplier)
    Sorry, I dont understand.

how can I change the attribute type from integer to nominal without defining a mapping? what I would like to have is something like String.valueOf(int i) applied to each value of a column in my dataset. again, could someone give me a complete working example please?
    Try the operator "Numerical2Polynominal"

regards,

Steffen
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    hello steffen,

thanks for your reply!
    steffen wrote:

Sorry, I dont understand.
    i would like to have a graphical representation like this (kind of what it is like in SPSS Clementine):

----------------
    | IOMultiplier |
    ----------------
          |--- stream 0 ---| Operator |----> result 0
          |
          |----stream 1 ---| Operator |----> result 1

is this possible with RapidMiner?

Try the operator "Numerical2Polynominal"
    as far as i understand it Numerical2Polynominal is applied to every attribute, right?
    i want the conversion to be applied to the values of only one attribute (one columnn in my dataset), how can i do this?

thanks!
  • steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello

i would like to have a graphical representation like this (kind of what it is like in SPSS Clementine):
    I am still not sure if I got you right, but: If you click the check button you get a text-based representation in the log-output below. Another option is View->BoxView.

as far as i understand it Numerical2Polynominal is applied to every attribute, right?
    i want the conversion to be applied to the values of only one attribute (one columnn in my dataset), how can i do this?
    Yes, you are correct. Use the Operator "AttributeSubsetPreprocessing"

regards,

Steffen