Error on rapidminer.init()

Pedro_NevesPedro_Neves Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello, I'm trying to make an application that integrates a process from rapid miner (still learning how to do). My problem is that the line  rapidminer.init() outputs the following errors:
Dez 19, 2013 2:03:31 PM com.rapidminer.tools.ParameterService init
INFO: Reading configuration resource com/rapidminer/resources/rapidminerrc.
Dec 19, 2013 2:03:31 PM com.rapidminer.tools.I18N <clinit>
INFO: Set locale to en.
Dec 19, 2013 2:03:31 PM[glow=red,2,300] com.rapid_i.Launcher ensureRapidMinerHomeSet
INFO: Property rapidminer.home is not set. Guessing.[/glow]
Dec 19, 2013 2:03:31 PM com.rapid_i.Launcher ensureRapidMinerHomeSet
INFO: Trying parent directory of 'C:\Documents and Settings\Geral\workspace\LinkMiningModule\Resources\RM5.3\launcher.jar'...gotcha!
Dec 19, 2013 2:03:31 PM com.rapid_i.Launcher ensureRapidMinerHomeSet
INFO: Trying parent directory of 'C:\Documents and Settings\Geral\workspace\LinkMiningModule\Resources\RM5.3\rapidminer.jar'...gotcha!
Dec 19, 2013 2:03:31 PM com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryManager load
INFO: Cannot access file system in execution mode UNKNOWN. Not loading repositories.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/vlsolutions/swing/docking/ui/DockingUISettings
at com.rapidminer.tools.plugin.Plugin.initAll(Plugin.java:945)
at com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.init(RapidMiner.java:550)
at DataMinning.RapidMinnerInteraction.<init>(RapidMinnerInteraction.java:26)
at dataBaseHandling.GatheringInformationFromDB.<init>(GatheringInformationFromDB.java:61)
at General.InitializeEverything.<init>(InitializeEverything.java:22)
at General.Main.main(Main.java:12)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.vlsolutions.swing.docking.ui.DockingUISettings
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 6 more
The problem is obviously on ensuring the path to the home directory (on red) but how can i do that?

Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Answers

• Pedro_NevesPedro_Neves Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    resolved by using Rapid miner 4.6.  ???
  • aborgaborg Member Posts: 66 Contributor II
    Hello,

I would not recommend the version 4.6, there were a lot of improvements since then.
      The RapidMiner home is checked by this method in the RapidMiner#init(): ParameterService#ensureRapidMinerHomeSet(), which calls Launcher#ensureRapidMinerHomeSet(), which looks for the
    rapidminer.home
    property.
      Hope this helps to solve your problem, though the guessing might was lucky in your case too.
    Cheers, gabor
  • Pedro_NevesPedro_Neves Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    True but what truly means home directory? The only way i see to resolve this problem is using:
    System.setProperty("rapidminer.home", "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Geral\\workspace\\LinkMiningModule\\Resources\\RM5.3");
        RapidMiner.init();
    But where should i point it? of course i want my project to be portable. Thus i have to use relative paths. Do i have to add RapidMiner libs to my project?
  • aborgaborg Member Posts: 66 Contributor II
    Well, you can have an option to specify that property value in your program (or keep the value passed as -Drapidminer.home=... command line argument).
    It should point to the path of the RapidMiner installation (where you have the lib, resources, ... folders, in my case: C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5 for the 5.3.15 CE version).
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

please check this thread, especially question 4: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,5807.0.html
    You need to tell RapidMiner in which mode to launch.

Regards,
    Marco