"Text Mining - How to?"

dwwdww Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi I am very new to Rapid-I / Rapid Miner and was hoping someone might be able to help me get my head around some text mining issues.

I have a data set which is all free text responses to a question.  Each answer is on a separate line.  I am wanting to do some clustering/visualisation/analysis of the key themes that come out in the question responses.  I can successfully import my text (although it seems to make it all the heading of the columns with no actual data).

Can someone give me an idea of how I might format my data accordingly such that it imports fine for text mining.

Also any additional tips on how I might be able to use it for visualisation would be a great help.

Thanks in advance
DW

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the Text Mining Plugin provides some very usefull example processes. If you visit the download section of the text plugin on source forge, there is a file called rapidminer-text-4.3-examples.zip  which providing them. It might help if you take a look in the tutorial, too. It is available on the same download page.

Greetings,
      Sebastian