Options

"Using RapidAnalytics on a web server?"

gamgambambamgamgambambam Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi everyone,

I've managed to install and use RapidAnalytics using a localhost server and I now have a web service working exactly the way I want it to.

What I want to do now is transfer the web service that I have on my localhost to a web server so I can access it from my public website.

How can I do this?

Do I need to install RapidAnalytics on my web server? Or is there something else I need to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    frasfras Member Posts: 93 Contributor II
    Yes, you need to install the server on your public web server, transfer the process of your web service and install
    the web service ID via browser frontend in the same way you did on you local server. No "easy deployment" possible.
  • Options
    gamgambambamgamgambambam Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Thanks for that fras!

As a bit of a noob with this stuff (and on behalf of all other noobs with this stuff) what would be a step by step way of installing RapidAnalytics on a web server?

Specifically;
    • Where do you install the RapidAnalytics files? On the web server? Or on your PC?
    • If you do install the RapidAnalytics files on the web server, what do you then set as the Java Home?
    • If you install RapidAnalytics on your PC then I'm guessing you have to have it constantly running and connected to the internet in order for the rest of the world to access your web process?
    Thanks heaps,
    Alex.
  • Options
    lansuminclansuminc Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    I have both RapidMiner Server and Analytics running in my laptop but when I try to create a new Remote repository I can't. The issue is that User,password or URL wrong.

Alias: RapidAnalytics
    Repository URL: http://localhost:8080/
    User: admin
    Password: changeit

Did anybody faced this issue?