Options

PROBLEM sending a Mail via SendMail-Operator!!!

ndf-lsndf-ls Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
Hello Community,
i currently have a problem using the SendMail-Operator in RM. Wenn i start the process, i receive a note saying:

Cannot send mail to javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect: [Ljava.lang.Object;@3b8b56e2
An error occurred while trying to send a mail. See log for more details.

The LOG information shows the following:

May 15, 2014 2:14:55 PM SEVERE: Cannot send mail to leonard.schmid@gmail.com: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
  nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
May 15, 2014 2:14:55 PM SEVERE: Process failed: Cannot send mail to javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
  nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect: [Ljava.lang.Object;@10d1841b
May 15, 2014 2:14:55 PM SEVERE: Here:          Process[1] (Process)
          subprocess 'Main Process'
            +- Retrieve (2)[1] (Retrieve)
            +- Retrieve[1] (Retrieve)
            +- Join[1] (Join)
            +- Correlation Matrix[1] (Correlation Matrix)
      ==>  +- Send Mail[1] (Send Mail)

In the preferences, the following information has been added:

-smtp host is: smpt.gmail.com
-smtp.port: 465
-...and the smtp.user and smtp.password

Can anyone help me out on this issue, i have no ideas left for making the operator work.

Thank you so much in advance,
Leo

Answers

• Options
    jeganathanvelujeganathanvelu Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
    Hi changing the port to 587 have solved the above issue. but new error is "Must issue a STARTTLS command first". I searched around but could not find out how to give starttls command  ???