what type of input format is required for RapidMiner (for classification)

memon_mehranmemon_mehran Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
Dear sir,
i need help that what type of input format is required for  RapidMiner (for classification Naive Bayes.) and how  Convert dataset into the required format of RapidMiner  (for classification Naive Bayes.)

Sample data is : PID is primary key
PID#  ,  Age ,Gender, Date , Patient Complian, Diagnosis Investigation / Examination, Treatment ,Remarks
15863 ,46, MALE, 01-JUL-10, Suddend loss of vision ,Retinal Detetchment ,B-Scan ,Repair  Surgery, Treatment Going On
15864, 42, FEMALE, 7/1/2010 ,Suddend loss of vision ,Vitrous Haemoriage ,B-Scan ,Vitractomy Surgery Treatment Going On

Thanks

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

if your data is in CSV format, you can use the Read CSV operator in RapidMiner to get the data into the RapidMiner format. Then you set so called roles to tell RapidMiner about the target attribute and which attributes to ignore for the classification (e.g. PID).

I suggest to work through some of the public RapidMiner tutorials, e.g. at http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php?topic=1750.0

I can also recommend the book Data Mining for the Masses from Matthew North. That book explains basic and advanced concepts of data mining with RapidMiner from the very beginning.

Best regards,
    Marius