[Solved] Parallel Processing Macros

JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

Just out of curiosity, when using the parallel extension with Macros in a loop does each iteration get a separate macro to work with?  
For example: I'm trying to do a loop which adds 1,000 onto a macro each time.  In this case it would not be good to tick parallize, correct?  

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

indeed, macro access is not atomic so reading and writing a macro has a good chance to go horribly wrong when doing so in a parallel loop at the moment.

Regards,
    Marco

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Thanks Marco, I thought so.  As yet RapidMiner hasn't yet reached the level of sophistication of Orac. 

There are ways I can structure the process to account for this, and is probably good practice.  Are there any guides on this yet or shall I have a crack at writing one? 
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you are welcome to create guides :)
    I'd make sure to put it into a sticky "user guides" thread.

Regards,
    Marco