Options

Read timeout

stegmanntstegmannt Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I've successfully installed RapidMiner Server CE and added the remote repository to Rapidminer Studio.

Now I'm trying to upload a 70 MB tsv file to the remote repository using the Import CSV wizard, but it fails with SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out. According to some google research there is a setting "connection.timeout", which I've set to max int on both sides, but without luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Tobias
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    This is the log output. I guess the error has something to do with the last two lines.
    12:30:38,974 INFO  [de.rapidanalytics.web.servlet.AccessEntry] HTTP POST for location /home/admin/test, user admin, principal org.springframework.security.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken@a1f52353: Principal: org.springframework.security.core.userdetails.User@586034f: Username: admin; Password: [PROTECTED]; Enabled: true; AccountNonExpired: true; credentialsNonExpired: true; AccountNonLocked: true; Granted Authorities: admin,analyst,execute,report editor,report manager,report viewer,scheduler,service,users; Credentials: [PROTECTED]; Authenticated: true; Details: org.springframework.security.web.authentication.WebAuthenticationDetails@0: RemoteIpAddress: 141.100.73.57; SessionId: null; Granted Authorities: admin, analyst, execute, report editor, report manager, report viewer, scheduler, service, users
    12:30:38,984 INFO  [de.rapidanalytics.ejb.RepositoryStorageEJBImpl] admin submitted new object to /home/admin/test.
    12:30:39,010 INFO  [de.rapidanalytics.ejb.RepositoryEJBImpl] Creating recursively: home/admin
    12:30:39,019 INFO  [de.rapidanalytics.ejb.RepositoryEJBImpl] admin created entry '/home/admin/test of type 'data'.
    12:30:39,062 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Dropping data tables for es_3
    12:30:39,072 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Cannot determine number of subtables. Probably tables already deleted: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'rapidminer.es_3_meta' doesn't exist
    12:30:39,072 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Failed to drop table: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown table 'es_3_meta'. (Ignoring)
    12:30:39,073 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Failed to drop table: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown table 'es_3_nominal_mapping'. (Ignoring)
    12:30:39,074 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Failed to drop table: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown table 'es_3_annotations'. (Ignoring)
    12:35:38,978 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA-12117 TransactionReaper::check timeout for TX 0:ffff8d643e42:126a:53ef3185:47a in state  RUN
    12:35:38,979 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA-12121 TransactionReaper::doCancellations worker Thread[Transaction Reaper Worker 0,5,jboss] successfully canceled TX 0:ffff8d643e42:126a:53ef3185:47a
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you are getting a transaction timeout, i.e. your call is taking too long. What you can do for a quick fix is to increase the transaction timeout. Default is 300 seconds aka 5 minutes.
    To see how this is done for RapidAnalytics (this does NOT work for RapidMiner Server), you can have a look here: click.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    This is clearly not the way to go then, if the upload process already takes more than 5 minutes. I noticed MySQL  behind taking even more time to import the rows and I have up to 2GB of data I want to use.

Is there any other way I can upload my data to the server? I noticed the upload function in the web interface, but that leaves me with a binary blob. Using the blob with any import operator results in an error, that the repository url "//_LOCAL/..." is malformed.

Thanks.