Setting process priorities

EMDuellEMDuell Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I continue to explore the capabilities of RapidMiner server (CE 1.3.015) and am looking for documentation on how to set priorities for server processes.  Specifically:

- how do I go about setting up process queues with different priorities?
- is there a way to throttle processor utilization by a particular process queue?  For example, some users are not very aware of what it means to work on a shared development server, and so they throw 5 processes to the server to execute immediately.  The server may be able to handle it, but while those are running, it appears to become unresponsive due to consuming all available resources.  Is there a way to have these kinds of processes run at a lower resource priority?

I have looked at the old RapidAnalytics 1.1.014 manual (all I could find on the web) but that does not seem to address these areas.

Thanks!

-Eric
Tagged:

Answers

• EMDuellEMDuell Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    What, no takers on this?  ;)
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

we promote equality ;D
    On a more serious note, no there is currently no way to set priorities for process queues.

Regards,
    Marco
  • EMDuellEMDuell Member Posts: 21 Contributor II
    OK, is there a method to add processes to different queues - or is that what happens when you parallelize a process?