Cannot save data and processes into local repository

dfvadfva Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I have today installed the new version of RapidMiner on my computer, and I have recognized, that I can't save my data file and my new process into a local repository only into the cloud. Could anybody help me, how can I save my process and database into the local repository. I now that I can save them into data files, but earlier in the Repository window there was a Local repository too (now only the Samples, DB, and Cloud repository is available).

many thanks! 

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hello,

that might happen, if you have no no writing accsess to the standard localtion of your user directory.

Simply create a new repository with the button on the left above the list of repositories

Cheers,

Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

all local repositories are simply pointing to a folder on your harddrive. Is the folder still there when accessing it with your file system browser (e.g. Windows Explorer)? If so, you can click on the 'New Repository' button in the top left corner of your Repositories view. Select 'New local repository', deselect 'Use standard location' and choose your previous local repository folder.
    By default and unless you change it, the local repository points to the USER_HOME/.RapidMiner/repositories/Local Repository folder.

Local Repository folders are never deleted even if you delete the repository in RapidMiner Studio.

Edit: beaten to it :)

Regards,
    Marco
  • dfvadfva Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thank you both for answering. New local repository button works, but I didn't realize until now. Sorry for this simple question.

Many Thanks!
    Agnes
  • rahirahi Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Martin Schmitz wrote:

Hello,

that might happen, if you have no no writing accsess to the standard localtion of your user directory.

Simply create a new repository with the button on the left above the list of repositories

Cheers,

Martin
    Hi Martin,

I can't save the process and repository. And even when I create a new repository, I can't save it as well. I receive the error "no write access".

thank you