Churn Model using Application Wizard

JuliaJulia Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,
can you please help. I am trying to build a churn model using application wizard. Once i bring the data in suing Excel, churn is not one of the options in the 'Select column' drop down and is not highlighted. I have the same problem in Direct Marketing model in the Application Wizard.
Please advise.
Thank you so much!
Julia.

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

can you tell me what your data looks like in Excel? I copied this from a working Excel sheet:

Gender Age Region code Transaction count Avg balance Total accounts ID Churn
    f 52,0 1100,0 32,0 145490,0 4,0 113704,0 no

Generally speaking, at the moment your data needs to be structured very similar to the demo data for it to work. To be on the safe side, name the important columns just as in the demo data and it should work.

Regards,
    Marco
  • wynnerwynner Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Hi RM Community

I have also been trying to use the Churn model on the appilcation wizard. How dissimilar can my own data be to the demo data used in rapid miner and still work. Surely i don't have to have (and only have) the columns that the demo data in the appilcation wizard has

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Niall