problems running RapidMiner server on Linux

koepfwkoepfw Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
When I start RapidMiner server on Linux using "./standalone.sh &" in the /bin directory it seems that the RapidMiner server gets shut down when I log out.  So, my question is how do I start RapidMiner server on Linux such that it keeps running after I log off?

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you could try the following:

nohup ./standalone.sh 2>>/dev/null &
    Regards,
    Marco
  • koepfwkoepfw Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    Thanks. That works.  It turns out though that the process wasn't actually killed because the shell got closed but because it ran out of memory.  The error message in /var/log/messages is for instance "Jan 30 11:40:04 host2 kernel: [3739422.153790] Out of memory in UB 171713: OOM killed process 30705 (java) score 0 vm:10277276kB, rss:1390440kB, swap:0kB".  We upgraded memory on that box to 4 GB and it worked fine for a couple of days.

Then, this morning seemingly the service lost connection to its DB.  I see in server.log "10:57:38,461 ERROR [org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreCMT] (QuartzScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread) Couldn't rollback jdbc connection. Communications link failure during rollback(). Transaction resolution unknown.: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Communications link failure during rollback(). Transaction resolution unknown.
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_75]
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57) [rt.jar:1.7.0_75]
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) [rt.jar:1.7.0_75]
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526) [rt.jar:1.7.0_75]
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:408) [mysql-connector-java-5.1.31.jar:]

Any idea what could be causing this?  Are we running up against the 1 GB limit of the free version?
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

hard to tell without the full server.log. Did it happen while processes were running? It's not impossible this to be a result of the limitation though.

Regards,
    Marco