RM Studio 6.3 never exits on Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite)

ammarghammargh Member Posts: 27 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
Using RM Studio 6.3 on Mac OS 10.10, I connect to a local MS SQL server on windows machine using the process context.

Any experiment that reads the data from MS SQL server will cause RM Studio to stay in memory and never quits. The GUI disappears when I choose File->|Exit, however RM Studio is still shown in the application list if you open "Force Quit Applications" window, and will prevent the machine from shutting down or rebooting.

Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

thanks for the report! How exactly did you start Studio?

Regards,
    Marco
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Hi....I too run RM 6.3 on Mac os x 10.10 and have this happen. For me, it was when I keep an RM alias in the dock. Same problem, so I don't do that. If it does happen, you can kill the process in the terminal using the killall command.

I am not a programmer but my hypothesis is it's something to do with Java on a Mac.

Scott
  • ammarghammargh Member Posts: 27 Maven
    I executed it by double-click RapidMiner Studio in my applications folder