[SOLVED] Saved Process fails if it has an Octave Script Operator

geraqgeraq Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,
I recently upgraded to Rapidminer 6.3 and I experienced a problem with the Octave Script Operator. I noticed that if I save a process containing such operator the process fails to execute again as long as the operator is present. If I remove the operator the process runs again. The process did not fail until I saved it. I tried also to run processes created with Rapidminer 5.3, which I also have installed, with the same result. However processes created with both versions run without any problem in Rapidminer 5.3.

I have octminer version 2.2.003.

I submitted the report to the bug-tracker here:
http://bugs.rapid-i.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1854

I hope you can help me. I thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,
Germán.

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the Octave Script Operator is part of a 3rd party extension which is not maintained by RapidMiner. Looking at the stacktrace, it looks like it is compiled against outdated code. The called class "com/rapid_i/Launcher" does no longer exist. Please have a look at the extension site on the marketplace and contact the author: http://marketplace.rapid-i.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_octave

Regards,
    Marco
  • geraqgeraq Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Hi Marco,
    thank you very much for your answer. I posted my problem at the issue mailing list of the octminer project as I couldn't find another way to contact the extension authors.

I briefly worked with Rapidminer 6.0 before upgrading to 6.3 and I don't remember having experienced this problem.
    Could you please tell me in which version the class com/rapid_i/Launcher was removed?
    Do I have a way to revert to Rapidminer 6.0 or do I need to keep working with the 5.3 version?
    I looked for a 6.0 installer but I couldn't find any.

Best regards,
    Germán.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

looking at the source code, it looks like it should suffice to replace

URL url = Launcher.class.getClassLoader().getResource(".");
    with

URL url = Operator.class.getClassLoader().getResource(".");
    That would probably be compatible for all previous and future Studio versions.
    The launcher class currently used was removed with either Studio 6.1 or 6.2 if I'm not mistaken.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi Marco,
    thank you again for all your help and patience.
    I will try to fix it up myself.

Best regards,
    Germán.
    Hello Marco,
    I followed your suggestions and made the extension work on my Rapidminer installation.
    I contacted the authors of the Octave extension and let them know about this issue.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Best regards,
    Germán.
    Hi,

glad I was able to help :)

Regards,
    Marco