"Linux variant not supported"

aberbotimueaberbotimue Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I have searched for a list of supported entries for the headless XML install script for the Linux variant.. 

can anyone help??

I am trying to get it on centos, but I think a supported list would be useful

N

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the headless install will run anywhere where Java 1.7 is installed and available. You just need to create the XML on a machine with GUI first, then adapt entries in the XML as necessary (e.g. driver .jar location).

Regards,
    Marco
  • aberbotimueaberbotimue Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Thanks..  I just left SUSE in there as that was in the demo, and sure enough, it seems to have installed.. 

Speaking of drivers..  after the install, I found I had put the wrong path to the jdbc drivers..  can I edit the path that rapid uses to find the drivers after install??  or do I need to uninstall and reinstall??

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I'm a bit confused. If you specify an invalid path for the JDBC driver .jar, the installation will fail. Have you specified the wrong .jar? If so, you can just visit SERVER/modules/system/layers/base/ and then the path to the driver, e.g. com/mysql/main for MySQL. You then replace the .jar with your actual .jar and edit the module.xml to contain the new filename.

Regards,
    Marco