Hi,

This is the format of my data

ID    DOB              device_mac

1    1993-02-08     2c:5a:05:a4:0O:c8
1    1993-02-08     94:eb:cd:17:22:9c

I would like to to be in the following format

ID    DOB               device_mac_1          device_mac_2

1    1993-02-08     2c:5a:05:a4:0O:c8     94:eb:cd:17:22:9c

is it possible to do this in RapidMiner? The pivot operator does not seem to be able to produce this?!

Can anyone suggest how I would tackle this?

Thanks.
Kate

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi Kate!

I think Pivot is the way to go. The only thing is that you have two Group by Attributes (ID and DOB). How do you want to use them? Both fitting? Then you need to construct ID+DOB (strings) and join the individual values afterwards.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Kate_StrydomKate_Strydom Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
    Hi Martin,

I finally have the desired output :). I had to use the loop values and the append operators from a previous question  before I used the  pivot operator. I have always used a aggregate operator when using the pivot operator so this was a new experience & has developed my RM skills.

[shadow=red,left]Previous question: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,8438.msg28539.html#msg28539 .[/shadow]

This means I can now create a profile in one line for each of my ID numbers.

Thanks.
    Kate