Options

"R text/regression output results"

farmerfarmer Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I've managed to get the R script working and displaying data frame numeric output in the Results section. My question is, it is possible to view R text output, such as regression results, or do I need to run a RapidMiner regression process in order to see the underlying estimated regression? Specifically, if I use the R lm command to generate the regression equation and then the summary(dependent variable) command, where does the summary output go? Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

i never used the R extension myself. But it should be visible in the Log window. I would highly recommend to use the new R scripting extension.

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    I've tried this, but the R output does not appear in the Log view window. Basically, I'm looking to capture the output from the R script somewhere in RapidMiner. If anyone uses R perhaps they could let me know how. Thanks
  • Options
    David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    You have to explicitly use a print() command in your R script to print  the summary to the Log window in RapidMiner.
    If you want to capture and store your results, you have to take the single values of the summary (which is a list type in R) and extract and store them in a data table. If you do so, you could return them as an example set to RapidMiner.

Regards,
    David
  • Options
    Thanks for that, makes sense. I tried Print(summary(model name)) and got the message File Memory buffered filer in the Results window and no output in the Log view window. I'll play around a little.
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the old "R Extension" has been discontinued. If you are running Studio 6.4, you can use the all new "R Scripting" extension. All replies here refer to this new extension.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Hi,

Yes, I drag the Execute R operator into the process window and then write the script in the Edit Parameter Text:script. Will play around some more.
  • Options
    Problem now solved. Some careless script coding on my part and now using the print() function, not Print(), to direct output to the console.

As an aside: 1) is it possible to obtain the Log output without dates and times and 2) increase the size of the font? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi,

A couple of questions:

The R Edit Parameter Text: script editor is rather basic, is it possibler to replace it with an alternative/link to an alternative, for example, Notepad++?

Also, I take it that any variables generated in the R script are not available to access directly by Rapidminer, as they are no longer generated by the interactive console, as was the case previously? I guess my question is, how do I get variables from the R script into Rapidminer? Thanks.
  • Options
    To be spefici, the write.csv(data frame,file="file name) instruction in R does does not seem to work - need to use the RapiMiner icon to achieve this. Does anyie else have this iussue?