Data mining and technicial indicators

farmerfarmer Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
Is anyone aware of an extension package which calculates technical indicators for data mining financial analysis? Thanks.

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

could you be a bit more specific?

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • farmerfarmer Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
    I have the package RapidMiner Finance and Economics Extension and download stock market data using this. I'm looking to use various stock market technical indicators as part of my data mining explorations, for example,  RSI, Moving Average etc etc. I was wondering if there was an extension package which could calculate these for me. I have the extension to the R package and may look to do this using the R package, if there is no alternative. Thanks
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Have you had a look on the Series extension?
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • farmerfarmer Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
    Ok, thanks for that.

I was looking for a more comprehensive set of TA indicators. Thinking about it, the way forward is to use the TA indicators in one of the R packages, which I can import into Rapidminer.

Does anyone else use TA indicators in Rapidminer? Thanks.