Cannot read Dropbox sub-directory files

PavelPavel Member Posts: 6 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

while trying to read files with the Read DropBox operator, I can browse through any directory and sub-directory, however, the operator lets me select only files in the root directory. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Pavel

Best Answer

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

thanks for answering! I have created an internal bug ticket for the problem.

Regards,

Marco

Answers

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

hi Pavel,

I just tried to recreate the issue on my environment. It seems to be working fine.

What version of Rapidminer are you on ?> 

• PavelPavel Member Posts: 6 Contributor I

Hi,

thank you for your reply. I am on 7.1.001 version.

Warm regards

Pavel

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

can you name the exact folder names (starting at the root folder) and a file name for a file that you cannot select?

Regards,

Marco

• PavelPavel Member Posts: 6 Contributor I

Hello Marco,

it is trickier than I thought.

This works fine:

/Apps/convertio.co/REG1511.csv

/Evalytics/ZRU1604.xlsx

This does not work:

/evalytics/WEB/ZRU1604.xlsx

So it is not necessarily a matter of directory hierarchy. However, it seems the only problem is the file selection in the Open File Dialog. Otherwise (once the path is set properly by hand) the operator reads the file well.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Pavel