Reading a CSV file with line breaks in quoted field

andersaandersa Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Greetings

I am trying to read a CSV file that contains line breaks within a quoted field, but the file is read incorrectly.

Is this not possible?

Regards

Anders Andersen

Tagged:

Answers

• yyhuangyyhuang Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 364 RM Data Scientist
    Hi Anders,
    What's the delimiter/column separator in your csv file? Most cases should be using comma or white spaces as seperators.

Read CSV is very powerful data connector, http://docs.rapidminer.com/studio/operators/data_access/files/read/read_csv.html
    The only challenge is to correctly set the values for 'column_seperators' and check 'use_quotes' in your case.

If possible, can you share your sample csv file and we can help you configure the settings in Read CSV.
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

In cases like this, it might be good to use the Regular Expression paratmers in the Delimiter parameters of the Read CSV operator to extract everything. Of course it will be more complex but it's doable. 

• andersaandersa Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi everybody

Thanks for the replys.

I have attached a simple example.