Options

how to use full computing power for RapidMiner?

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,

after 1 hour... my Computer uses only a few percent of CPU (15%) and memory (37%) I have a Core i7 6700k @ 4Ghz and 16GB RAM...

but RapidMiner uses only part of the ressources and calculations (k-nn) are quite slow... although I have parallelization activated in operators...

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt.PNG

is it possible to use full computing capacity or at least set a threshhold (80%) to use for Rapidminer?

Answers

• Options

@stevefarr,  it happened again... 

I had a 2nd image and some text posted, that doesnt appear:

Unbenannt.PNG

is it possible to use full computing capacity or at least set a threshhold (80%) to use for Rapidminer?

thats what I wanted to say in addition ;)

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Hi,

In the free versions of RapidMiner, computations are restricted to only one logical processor.  Hey, we need to feed our developers, too ;-)

Cheers,

Ingo

• Options

even in the academia licensed versions??

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Yip, this is something which is only available to our paying customers.  Sorry / not sorry ;-)

Best,

Ingo

• Options

ok what is the best price / Compromise for computing power (use more cores / RAM) and my money ? (for students) ;)

maybe 4  CPUs and 16 GB RAM? or less..

can't find any prices on the RM homepage...

• Options

Hi,

We will publish prices on the web mid of next week so stay tuned a little... In your case, our cloud offer also might be very interesting where you pay as you go for minutes of computation.  Our cloud subscription is available in your RapidMiner account page after logging in:

It comes at USD 79 per month including 200 free credits per month (equals 200 minutes of computation on the smalles machines).  More credits are available for purchase of course.

More information:

And as I mentioned before, the prices for the on-premises versions will be online next week as well so stay tuned...

Cheers,

Ingo

• Options

hi, 
    is Rapidminer 5.3 also limited to only 1 CPU and (no idea how much) limited RAM?