Market Basket Analysis - Operators to change data layout

ankranockankranock Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited April 2020 in Help

Hi,

I am new to Rapid Miner and I am trying to create a Market Basket Analysis Model using the FP-Growth Operator and the Create Association Operator.

I am reading a csv file into Rapid Miner and it looks like the Figure 1 below with attributes going out to att32 and 9,835 observations.  Each row represents a transaction.

Figure 1

Row

att1

att2

att3

att4

att5

tropical fruit

yogurt

coffee

?

?

whole milk

?

?

?

?

pip fruit

yogurt

cream cheese

meat spreads

?

other vegetables

whole milk

condensed milk

long life bakery product

?

whole milk

butter

yogurt

rice

abrasive cleaner

I believe the FP-Growth Operator is expecting an example data set like Figure 2 shown below.  Each id corresponds to an item.  The table expands to 167 items and 43,367 rows.

Row

id_1.0

id_10.0

id_11.0

id_12.0

id_13.0

id_14.0

Tran_ID

true

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

true

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

true

false

false

true

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

false

true

Are there operators within Rapid Miner that can transform the data from what’s in Figure 1 to something like what’s in Figure 2 that the FP-Growth Operator will like? If I can do it with item names instead of item numbers it would be even better.  I had to transform the layout of the data outside of Rapid Miner to make it work.

Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Mh,

good question! I would try De-Pivot on att.* to get a SQL-ish table for it, and then use Pivot and Numerical to Binominal to get what i what. Not sure if it really works but i think it does.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • ankranockankranock Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Martin,

I will play with the operators you mentioned and see if I can get them to work.  Thanks for the feedback

--Alan--