Options

Export a model

z384zhanz384zhan Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering is it possible to export a model into third-party cloud(e.g. Amazon S3, Cloud MongoDB or even Dropbox if it has to be a file) instead of the RapidMiner Cloud Repo?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi @z384zhan and welcome!

You have a couple of options for exporting RapidMiner models, although you won't be able to export every kind of model easily. 

First, there is a "Write PMML" operator which supports some standard types of models but not all models.  Also, not all software is equipped to read PMML models, so it may or may not help you.

For simple models like linear or logistic regression, it's not too cumbersome to code the models manually.  For decision trees, there is an operator "Tree to Rules" which represents all the splits of the trees in a rule form that can also be exported as text and then converted manually into formats like SQL.

RapidMiner is designed to be able to handle scoring in production environments, which would eliminate the need to represent the model in some other software.  You can use RapidMiner Server (for free!) in these other cloud environments that you mention.  For instance, I recently wrote a blog post about how to set up RapidMiner Server in AWS, which you can read here.

So you also may want to explore whether you can just use RapidMiner to do not only the modeling work but also the ongoing scoring of records as needed.  You don't mention in your question how you intend to actually use a model that you export from RapidMiner.  What software were you planning on using in your cloud environment?

There is another related thread on exporting models here that you might want to review: http://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Studio/how-to-export-models/m-p/34509/highlight/true#M24212

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts

Answers

• Options
    z384zhanz384zhan Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Thanks Brian.

Actually even after storing the models, it will still be RapidMiner using the model but in another process. The whole reason for me having the problem is that I would just like to share the model that I trained to other people via Cloud platforms instead of giving them initial data and let them train it.

Even though the write model/store process can write the model in XML format, but it seems to be impossible to save the XML format model directly into cloud. Both Python and R scripting tools only allow dataset as input and I cannot find any operator that can takes model in RapidMiner as input and convert into JSON/XML/data/document which makes the using of Update MongoDB or other operators impossible.

Is there any solutions to that? Or I have to write Groovy script for that?

Thanks

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Hi Z384zhan,

Why don't you share the files we write to disc in the local repository? These are often XML files. You can simply copy them in other local or server repos and work with them.

But it really feels like what you want is a RapidMiner Server. You can simply set up a RM Server on AWS or your preferred hoster and use this as a model sharing platform.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany