Calculate number of unique words in text and number of repeating paragraphs

In777In777 Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

How can I calculate the number of unique mentions of each words (tokens without stopwords) in each text document? Besides how can I find the number of repeating sentences or paragraphs? Is there any operators in text mining extension?

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

you can simply use a Process Documents operator with binary occurences and use Generate Aggregation afterwards to get the sum of a row.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• In777In777 Member Posts: 29 Contributor II

Thank you I think that will work. And what about repeating sentences? I tried the similarity measure first, but I have too long documents, so it will not work.

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

Simply tokenize on linguistic sentences and do the same trick as for words.

~Martin

Dortmund, Germany
  • In777In777 Member Posts: 29 Contributor II

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the answer. I have a follow-up question: if the sentences are not complete the same, but very similar (e.g. 2-3 words are changed), how could I find the repeating text parts then?

Hi ln777,

you are always allowed to ask questions - that's what we are here for :). The only question is if we can answer them.

i would create a similarity/synonym dictionary. I would go for worldist to data, take the sentences as an input for a 2nd process documents, tokenize on words and calculate a cross distance on the result. There i would go for a high cosine similarity to define a "synomym". This dictionary can then be used to replace texts in the original document.

~Martin

Dortmund, Germany