What happened with Permutation operator?

bibi Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

I am trying to perform y-randomization in RapidMiner and I read that it colud be done with Permutation operator. I found it  in Operator Reference for RapidMiner 4.5. The problem is that I can't locate this operator in RapidMiner 7.3...... Can anyone please tell me what happend and could y-randomization be done in RapidMiner 7.3?

Regards

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

can you link the 4.3 docu? I never encountered such an operator.. But i started using RM in some 5.X versions.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Hi,

That is a looooong time ago :smileyhappy:

I think this operator might have been renamed into the operator "Shuffle" although I am not 100% sure.  "Shuffle" changes the order of all rows though, not just the values for a single attribute.  In order to achieve this, you would need to separate that attribute first, only shuffle it, and then join it to the original data again.

Cheers,

Ingo

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hey,

i've looked at the source code, the shuffle operator is indeed linked to the class PermutationOperator.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany