Filtering Time-formats

eldenosoeldenoso Member Posts: 65 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello altogether, 

currently I am facing a problem concerning the filtlering of times e.g. filter all times between 8:00 AM and 23:00 PM. I have the right format and everything, but RapidMiner just gives me an error when reaching the filter-operator.

"Instantiation error: Cannot instantiate 'custom filters': The filter value '8:00 AM' fpr the attribute 'Zeitgrid' is not in a valid format"

Thanks for your help

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

This is where your data formats need to be correct. Are you times in data-time or nominal format? If htey are actually date-time formats then you will be presented with a mini calendar to choose from. If nominal, then the standard "contains" or " "equals."

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Unfortunately not as I know right now. When I write Excel I usually do it raw and then format later inside Excel. You could check out the new Advanced Reporting Extension which uses an Excel Template and then RM writes to it. https://oldworldcomputing.com/blog/2017/03/advanced-reporting-extension-published

Answers

• eldenosoeldenoso Member Posts: 65 Contributor I

According to the meta data it is of the format time. Should be right :manfrustrated:

Does the calendar popup? I usually convert them to just dates and not date-time. If they are date-time then you have to do something like "Jan 3, 2017 01:22:32" which gets annoying

They are just the times without any date. A calendar accordingly doesn't pop up. I don't know why RM gives an error that says I should type it in the date-time format since it really just the time...

Philipp

When you view the data in the Statistics Tab, does the Data Format column say Date-Time?

According to the statistics, they are of the type "time".Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-02 um 13.18.23.pngStatistics

Ok, now screenshot the error you get and what the inside of your Filter Examples looks like.

Okay, I managed to fix the error. It was due to the format somehow. RapidMiner wanted the time format as "hh:mm:ss a" whereas I filtered for "hh:mm a". 

But now another problem occured. In a previous step I replaced a dot with a comma (1.34 ->1,34) because I have to further work with the data in excel. Now what happens is that RM thinks these numbers are Polynominal and when exporting them into an excel file they are declared as text. Is there an easy and fast way to transform them into numbers (maintaining the comma)?

Thank you :)