ANNOUNCEMENT: RAPIDMINER 9.1 BETA HAS BEEN RELEASED TODAY!   PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND GIVE FEEDBACK. ENJOY AND HAPPY RAPIDMINING!   -- @sgenzer – Community Manager

Installing extensions (Windows )

manisha1595manisha1595 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited November 10 in Help

Hey,

     I have my rapidminer_server folder in windows machine on path "D:\Rapidminner_server" and created a folder plugins ("D:\Rapidminner_server\plugins") to store extensions. In Rapidminer server "com.rapidanalytics.plugindir" is empty so i set path as above but it is still not loading extension to the server. 

Any help will be appriciated Smiley Happy

Tagged:

Best Answer

  • Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Posts: 234  RM Data Scientist
    Accepted Answer

    Hi manisha 1595,

     

    the Solr extension has dependency to the Text extension which explains the following error:

     

    Cannot load extension rmx_com.solrSmiley Very Happyepends on rmx_test which cannot be found!

     

    A solution is to copy the Text extension file rmx_text into the plugin folder and restart the server.

     

    Best regards,

    Edin

Answers

  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,762   Unicorn

     Did you shutdown and restart the server?

  • manisha1595manisha1595 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

    yes...i followed every step of how to install extension on rapidminer server article.

  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,762   Unicorn

    I just noticed that you spelled "rapidminner"

     

    Is your path correct?

  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 224  RM Data Scientist

    Another remark: I consider it better to keep the plugins and other folders outside of the RM Server installation folder. This makes updates easier.

     

    E.g.:

    d:\RapidMiner

    + server

    + logs

    + plugins

    + uploads

     

    Regards,

    Balázs

    Thomas_Ott
  • manisha1595manisha1595 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

    @Thomas_Ott wrote:

    I just noticed that you spelled "rapidminner"

     

    Is your path correct?


     

     

    yes it is correct path....

    In command prompt while running rapidminer server it is showing following error:

     

    Cannot load extension rmx_com.solr:Depends on rmx_test which cannot be found!

  • manisha1595manisha1595 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

    @BalazsBarany wrote:

    Another remark: I consider it better to keep the plugins and other folders outside of the RM Server installation folder. This makes updates easier.

     

    E.g.:

    d:\RapidMiner

    + server

    + logs

    + plugins

    + uploads

     

    Regards,

    Balázs


    Thanks for the advice :)

    I created separate folder...still it is not loading the extensions.

  • mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 72  Guru

    Is it possible that you provide the server log file? If you don't want to attach it to this thread you can also send me a PM.

     

    Cheers,

    Marcel

  • manisha1595manisha1595 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

    @Edin_Klapic wrote:

    Hi manisha 1595,

     

    the Solr extension has dependency to the Text extension which explains the following error:

     

    Cannot load extension rmx_com.solrSmiley Very Happyepends on rmx_test which cannot be found!

     

    A solution is to copy the Text extension file rmx_text into the plugin folder and restart the server.

     

    Best regards,

    Edin


    Thank you so much.....the solution worked....the extensions are loaded successfully ....finally I can work on my project :)

    JessForbesRMThomas_OttEdin_Klapic
  • manisha1595manisha1595 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

    Thank you everyone for your valuable time to solve my problem :)


    Thomas_OttEdin_Klapic
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,762   Unicorn

    Good luck on your project!

    Edin_Klapicmanisha1595
  • icsd11159icsd11159 Member Posts: 16  Maven

    Hello , 

    i face the same problem , but i don't understand the solution you had! I create a folder outside of server , i copy the rmx_text jar file and i write the path to service settings , re-start the server but the extension doesn't install .

    What am i doing wrong? 

Sign In or Register to comment.