Error

m_jochumm_jochum Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

BUG Rapidminer.pngDoes someoe know what this error means?

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

Hello @m_jochum - thank you for your post.  I moved it here to the general RM Studio forum as this is where users post questions like yours.  The Product Feedback is specifically for bug reporting.  In your case the error message is rather clear at the top - you are using an unrecognized character in your data (looks like a curly z?).  You just need to either change your encoding or delete the character.

Scott

• m_jochumm_jochum Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hey @sgenzer, thanks for your response. 

I still don't really get where the error occurs.

I am using the XPath function in Rapidminer to extract data from 13,000 html files. Does this mean that in one of those html files this z is used and rapidminer can't handle it? Is there a way to find out in exactly which file it occurs?

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yes that is the most likely scenario.  If you are pulling in a large number of messy files like that, I would highly recommend you use something like Handle Exception to allow RapidMiner to keep going if it encounters an error, and the log operators to record the issue so you can find the file and debug etc...

Scott