SEARCH TWITTER OPERATOR not extracting enough tweets

samantha_sam_insamantha_sam_in Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi, I am quite new to rapidminer. I am trying to extract tweets using the Search twitter operator but I have not been able to extract more than 189 ( which is a really small number for what I'm trying to achieve). I tried using two search twitter operators and used a join operator to concantenate the results which gave me more than 189 tweets. But when I scanned through the results I realized that the two search twitter operators retrieved the exact same tweets, therefore, my result was only bigger because it was made up of duplicates. Please can anyone help me with this, all I want it to be able to extract at least 1,000 tweets

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Sometimes the search term you are searching for will only produce a few results for the current date. You might want to adjust the Until parameter with a date to see if you can get more info.

OR, you might be rate/throttle blocked by Twitter. If you try to search for more that 3,000ish or so Tweets at one time, Twitter will block or slow you down. 

• 781194025781194025 Member Posts: 32 Contributor I

how to search for tweets from a specific user on a specific topic? it works fine for me on twitter but not in the 'query' box for rapidminer

• francesca_ruisifrancesca_ruisi Member Posts: 6 Contributor I

you could try NodeXL