Options

Aylien API returns garbage when it reaches the API limit..

781194025781194025 Member Posts: 32 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I have so many 'corrupted' examples because I've been using the Aylien API and when it reaches the API limit it will continue returning the same information!!

Is there some way to STOP the process when the log shows 'API LIMIT REACHED' ?

Or I could setup a branch to check the new example against the old example and terminate the process // stop appending to the new set?

Answers

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I can't speak to the corruption part because I never use Aylien but the way I see it there are three possible solutions. 

1) Unlock more API calls from Aylien by paying $

2) Run the max API calls once per day, save it to a repository and Append to yesterday's repository

3) Use one of the freely available sentiment modules in Python, you just have to write the script and put it in RM.

• Options
    781194025781194025 Member Posts: 32 Contributor I

"just have to write a python script and put it in RM" 

wanting to avoid that is why i'm using RM in the first place damnit!!

been having a hell of a time just figuring out how to call an API let alone messing around with python code!!

do you think the python sentiment stuff can compare to 'professionals' like Aylien and Rosette?

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

RM can't think of every single use case you might have but they did realize that providing an Execute Python or R operator would allow you get to some esoteric algorithm that you might need, so yeah sometimes you have to hack together some code if you can't find it natively in RM. 

If you're getting value out the Aylien extension, why not pay for the API calls? If you don't want to, then try the NLTK python library. There are a few more others out there, but NLTK is the biggest.