Options

How can I change type of weight in feature selection algorithms?

maryam_raz21maryam_raz21 Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi. I'm new in rapidminer and I try feature selection algorithm such as backward eliminatiom and svm-RFE. The problem is that in the result the weight of feature is only 0,1 and it's not useful for me. How can I chang it to real?

Answers

• Options
    kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn

Hi @maryam_raz21

To get real weights, you should use one of the 'Weight by ...' operators; the feature selection operators you mentioned are acutually only selecting relevant features (hence assigning them weight = 1) and drop irrelevant (hence assigning them weight = 0).

• Options

Thanks for reply:smileyhappy: . I have  another question . This feature selection such as SVM-RFE always selecting relevant or just in rapidminer They behave like this؟ in the papers that I studeid, they used svm-RFE for bioinformatics widely!

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

have you checked the feature selection extension for this?

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options

yes. I installed feature selection extension 1.1.4 that included svm-rfe, ensemble feature selection and etc. in result all of feature's weight that were selected are 1.:smileyindifferent: