can rapid miner integrate with visual studio

bieha95_nsabieha95_nsa Member Posts: 10 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi,

I wanna build a system where do extract keyword from email by using Visual Studio and Rapid Miner.

The interface was designed by Visual Studio and then user will paste the email on this software then do the text processing in Rapid Miner to extract keywords.

The question is, can Visual Studio integrate with Rapid Miner to work together ?

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @bieha95_nsa - that's a good question.  Lots of people do email text mining directly here in RapidMiner starting with the raw data.  It's quite common.  We even do a demo using the Enron email data set.  :)

As for Visual Studio, I don't think there is a direct connector but I'm sure you can port the data somehow.  How/where are the data stored?

Scott

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

So my initial thought is this. Visual Studio is really anIDE so I'm guessing there is a form or a box you paste the email into. I'm sure you can expose this as a REST URL and ping this to a RapidMiner Server that has the Text Mining scoring process live. That's how I would do it. This way you can develop whatever applications you want and then pass the data to RM Server and get your results spit back. 

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

excellent suggestion, @Thomas_Ott !

• M_MartinM_Martin RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 125 Unicorn

Great suggestion, Thomas - Thanks!   Best wishes, Michael Martin

• bieha95_nsabieha95_nsa Member Posts: 10 Contributor I

Thank you for replied. However, am I need to install the Rapid Miner server?

Because currently I just use Rapid Miner Studio.

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi!

RapidMiner Server is the product that was built for integration. It is really the best choice.

If you insist on using Studio, check the scripts directory in your installation. You'll find a rapidminer-batch script here. You might be able to use this to execute the process from Visual Studio. Note, however, that this will start Studio without the GUI, so the runtime will be similar to starting Studio normally. This won't be fast enough for interactive processing but might be good enough for batch processing. 

Regards,

Balázs

• rodriguezestefarodriguezestefa Member Posts: 6 Contributor I
    Balázs hola, deseo saber que hacer luego de ejecutar el archivo .batch, tengo un modelo predictivo en rapidminer y deseo pasar un archivo nuevo para predecir, deseo saber como llamar a ese modelo y como pasar un archivo nuevo desde el visual. Usted sabra como hacerlo?
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Translating the message by @rodriguezestefa, as she wrote it in Spanish:

"Hello, I wish to know what to do after executing the batch file. I have a predictive model in RapidMiner and I wish to pass a new file to predict. I want to know how to call that model and how to pass a new file from Visual. Do you know how to do that?"

All the best,

Rod.