Web Table extraction stopped working

sharmar6sharmar6 Member Posts: 19 Maven
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi,

Did anyone face a situation where an operator suddenly stopped giving results, so much so that even the tutorial process stopped working. I am working on "Web Table Extraction" operator which suddenly started giving a blank page as result. Initially I thought perhaps the web page might have changed which was not the case. After trying with different web pages, I tried with the tutorial process given in the HELP, that didn't work either.

Please advise, what I may be doing wrong here.

Regards,

Rajat

Best Answer

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @sharmar6 - I just ran the tutorial process for Read HTML Table and it worked perfectly.  Can you please post your process in XML (see instructions on the right)?

Scott

• sharmar6sharmar6 Member Posts: 19 Maven
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="7.5.001">
    <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
    </context>
    <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="7.5.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
    <operator activated="true" class="web_table_extraction:html2exampleset_operator" compatibility="0.1.007" expanded="true" height="68" name="Read HTML Table" width="90" x="581" y="34">
    <parameter key="resource_type" value="url"/>
    <parameter key="url" value="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRIC"/>
    </operator>
    <connect from_op="Read HTML Table" from_port="collection of html data tables as example sets" to_port="result 1"/>
    <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
    </operator>
    </process>

Is it due to version mismatch issue  ?

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

oh that is distinctly possible.  I strongly recommend always running the most current version due to many incompatibility issues.

Scott

But my question is that what happened so suddenly, it was working fine till yesterday and stopped working now.

I have no idea.  Last update was Oct 19.  We can see if @ey has any thoughts on this...  :)

Scott

• eyey Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 21 RM Research

Good to know you found the actual issue. Just out of curiousity, if you feel like sharing, can you tell us in general terms the usecase for which you use this extension? As this extension is an output of a public project, I'd appreciate to know how its being used by the broader community.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Edwin

Hi,

I use this opertaor to extract survey data (election survey) and further process this data following some business rules. This operator has really expedited the whole process. Thanks for developing it.

• eyey Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 21 RM Research

Dear sharmar6,

Thanks for your feedback and appreciation. I am glad to know the operator expedites your workflow, and hopefully improves productivity.

Best Regards,

Edwin