"I want to know system requirements for installing RapidMiner Studio"

suneel_itsuneel_it Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help

My System has intel Core(TM) i3 Processor ,2.4 GHZ and 64 bit Windows 7 OS,and 4 GB ram these are enough to install RapidMiner Studio

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
  • rxk610rxk610 Member Posts: 8 Contributor I

I have a system configuration of ubuntu X64 4 GB RAM, and i am doing project on finding anomalies in network traffic. my machine is connected to a database VM, whenever i try to fetch data from database like for 3 years machine gets hanged. what id the ideal system requirement do you suggest for large datasets.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    The Free version of RM 7+ is crippled to 10,000 maximum rows. If you have an academic license, then you are not restricted to rows AFIAK and your hanging DB might be related to something else.
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @rxk610 - welcome to the community.  As @Thomas_Ott says, a database hang could be for any number of reasons.  If you're running RM with only 4GB of RAM (the bare minimum) and you're pulling in large tables from an external database, I'm not surprised that it's hanging.  A wise method would be to limit the database query to a thousand or so rows first, get everything working, and then incrementally increase your query limit to see if that's the problem.

Scott

Hi Thanks for the reply

can you help me wih the db query to limit the no of rows.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @rxk610 - so that's not really something I can do quickly without knowing more about your database.  If you're in MySQL, the query is usually something like this:

SELECT * FROM <table> LIMIT 1000;

I usually go to https://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp for my SQL query help.

Scott

Thanks Scott for the help, I believe that LIMIT query helped in filtering the data somehow and we have upgraded the server to 8 GB as well.

Things are pretty smooth now, but not fully.

I am working on the project of anomaly detection using sdata (network traffic). Cna you please send me the links for education tutorial to get more insight on the tool to detect anomalies.

hello @rxk610 - lots of resources with outlier detection.  @Andrew's video is quite good (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9MEXJB8HQ4) as this one that talks about fraud detection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or_o-ntpLSo).

Scott

Hi Scott,

I am working on anomaly detection using outlier detection where there are different columns namely time_start, time_end, Src_address, dest_address, src_port, dest_port etc. I was planning to find outlier detection based on source_ports which are hitting on our internal IP (dest_address) range so that I can distinguish which are the ambiguous ports which are coming inside uni network. But I am not able to get through this as I am unable to create a model for that.

I would be grateful if you can help me with this, as it is quite urgent.

hello @rxk610 - we're all here and happy to help as best as we can.  If you could please share your process (see instructions "Read Before Posting on right), a sample data set, and other info that would help.

Scott

Hello Scott,

I would be happy if I could have provided you the sample data but unfortunately, I cannot download the sample data as there is no internet connection on VM as per security policy. But I can give my laptop on remote via remote desktop/team viewer if it sounds good.

Thanks 

Rajat Kothari

hello @rxk610 - my apologies but I normally don't do one-on-one assistance.  I'm the only full-time employee of RapidMiner that actively monitors the community and you can imagine how crazy that would be if I did one-on-one with everyone.  :)  Feel free to post here as much as you like.

Scott

I was applying operator detect outlier detection using Detect Outlier using distance with columns in data set includes start time, end time, source port, dest port, source address destination address, it is giving error Failed to load extension cache.

Actually, I want to outlier distance between destination IP with which port as anomaly.

error attached.

Please give your expert opinion.

Regards

Rajat

Please find the error attached

hello @rxk610 - hmm ok that does not really seem like a RapidMiner problem but rather that your computer is not connected to the internet (see similar error about NewsService warning).  And I think you already know this because you said you cannot download the sample data etc.. 

Perhaps you can at least read the "Read Before Posting" instructions and share your XML?  :)

Scott

But why the internet is required to run the outlier detection, this is running locally right? Request you to please explain.

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi @rxk610,

The error message you posted is "only" the log output. You are assuming correct that extensions are loaded locally.

The warning in your screenshot seems not relevant to me - at least for the displayed process.

Actually, I do not see any issue in your process.

Does it fail (i.e. aborting with an error pop up)?  or do you need a different kind of assistance?

Best regards,

Edin