Rename or delete username admin

elgolubevaelgolubeva Member Posts: 10 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello, Community!

I would like to ask you if it is possible to delete or rename username  "admin" in RapidMiner Server?

It seems that deletion is impossible, but I need a confirmation.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

hello @elgolubeva - I believe so.  I can't find the thread right now but this rings a bell.

Scott

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Yes, I was on the previous thread discussing this.  It was regarding if it is possible to have more than one admin account for RapidMiner Server rather than giving it a different name.

Previously I said "No, it's impossible you can't have two admin accounts as that would violate space time laws" and gave a pretty complex workaround. 

Now I can tell you that it IS actually possible to create two admin accounts (and also likely change the admin username, although I'd personally recommend against this). 

1. Step 1: Create a new user in RapidMinerServer, the name is the username you'd like... ditto password.
    2. Step 2: Open the RapidMiner Repository in your favorite SQL editor and edit the following tables:
      • ra_rel_group_user - this has two columns: userName, groupName.  Add or Edit the table such that you have a row with groupName: admin, userName: newAdmin(your username)
      • ra_rel_user_group - this has two columns: userName, groupName.  Add or Edit the table such that you have a row with groupName: admin, userName: newAdmin(your username)
    3. Step 3: Log off RapidMinerServer and log back in with your new admin username. 
    4. TaDa!  Admin rights on a different username!

*Disclaimer: editing the repository in this way is a naughty thing to do and should only be done under supervision from a trained adult (who you can pass all responsibility to if it goes wrong).  Also, please do not blame me if it breaks anything now/in the future. 

:cathappy:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @elgolubeva - welcome.  That's a good question.  I believe that you cannot delete "admin" but I would defer to @Edin_Klapic or others.

Scott

• elgolubevaelgolubeva Member Posts: 10 Contributor I

Scott,

thank you for your reply.

And is renaming also impossible?

• elgolubevaelgolubeva Member Posts: 10 Contributor I

Scott, thank you very much :)