FP-Growth classification clustering

dongen_mdongen_m Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited August 2019 in Help

All,

I Have a association rule mining problem. I don't understand the process complete maybe someone can help me?

At first I have cleaned my data set etc... After this I apply my FP-Growth model this will create association rules. After this I need to select one of the categorical variables in the dataset and apply a classification and clustering algorithm of your choice (classification: k-NN, naive Bayes and logistic regression and clustering: k-means, DBSCAN and k-medoids). My question is how do I select the categorical variables in the data set? Do I select the best associated variables from FP-Growth??

Many thanks!!

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @dongen_m welcome to the community! I'd recommend posting your XML process here (see https://youtu.be/KkgB5QXWXJ8 and "Read Before Posting" on right when you reply) and attach your dataset. This way we can replicate what you're doing and help you better.

Scott

• M_MartinM_Martin RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 125 Unicorn

Monday

Hi dongen_m:   If I understand you correctly, you want to generate some association rules, and then do some extra steps to help you better understand the business meanings of some of these rules through clustering certain sets of rules according to the distribution of other (probably dimensional) values in your data.  Am I correct?

If I'm incorrect in my assumption, please explain exactly what you want to accomplish - even to the extent of attaching a simple example of the type of information you're hoping to find.  I then might be able to help point you in the right direction towards getting there.

Best wishes,

Michael Martin

• research_moghimresearch_moghim Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    yes its true. please please answer this question. thanks. translateYar