Problem with sentiment analysis

regina_moserregina_moser Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I've got a problem with the Sentiment Analysis by Aylien. I chose the Read Excel Operator and the Analyze Sentiment Operator but it doesn't work. You can see my problem in the screenshot. Maybe anyone already had the same problem and can help me.

Thanks a lot.

ReginaBildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 19.01.59.png

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

The warning is telling you that the data you are passing from Read Excel operator to the Analyze Sentiment operator is not in document form (i.e. DOC). You will likely need to use a Data to Documents operator betwen the two.

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @regina_moser welcome to the community! I'd recommend posting your XML process here (see https://youtu.be/KkgB5QXWXJ8 and "Read Before Posting" on right when you reply) and attach your dataset. This way we can replicate what you're doing and help you better.

Scott

• regina_moserregina_moser Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Thank you @Thomas_Ott. I added the Operator you recommended to me but now when I run the process it works until the Analyse Sentiment Operator but it doesn't finish. When I end the process I get the message you can see in the Screenshot. Maybe you can help me one more time? :)

Thank you in advance.Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-30 um 19.05.47.png

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

That might because of something on the Aylien side. Not sure what the warning means, did you use up all your API limit?

Hello @sgenzer I followed the tutorial you recommended to me. Here's my XML process.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="8.0.001">
    <operator activated="true" class="read_excel" compatibility="8.0.001" expanded="true" height="68" name="Read Excel" width="90" x="112" y="34">
    <parameter key="excel_file" value="/Users/reginamoser/Desktop/jan17-sep17.xls"/>
    <parameter key="sheet_number" value="1"/>
    <parameter key="imported_cell_range" value="A1:J8860"/>
    <parameter key="encoding" value="SYSTEM"/>
    <parameter key="first_row_as_names" value="false"/>
    <list key="annotations">
    <parameter key="0" value="Name"/>
    </list>
    <parameter key="date_format" value=""/>
    <parameter key="time_zone" value="SYSTEM"/>
    <parameter key="locale" value="German (Austria)"/>
    <list key="data_set_meta_data_information">
    <parameter key="0" value="RATING_ID.true.integer.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="1" value="TITLE.true.polynominal.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="2" value="FREE_TEXT.true.polynominal.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="3" value="BUSINESS_KEY.true.polynominal.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="4" value="VERIFIED.true.integer.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="5" value="REASON.true.polynominal.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="6" value="BRAND.true.polynominal.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="7" value="OVERALL_RATING.true.integer.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="8" value="RECOMMEND.true.integer.attribute"/>
    <parameter key="9" value="VIN.true.polynominal.attribute"/>
    </list>
    <parameter key="read_not_matching_values_as_missings" value="true"/>
    <parameter key="datamanagement" value="double_array"/>
    <parameter key="data_management" value="auto"/>
    </operator>
    </process>
    <operator activated="true" class="text:data_to_documents" compatibility="7.5.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Data to Documents" width="90" x="313" y="34">
    <parameter key="select_attributes_and_weights" value="false"/>
    <list key="specify_weights"/>
    </operator>
    </process>
    <operator activated="true" class="com.aylien.textapi.rapidminer:aylien_document_sentiment" compatibility="0.2.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Analyze Sentiment" width="90" x="447" y="34">
    <parameter key="connection" value="Aylien"/>
    <parameter key="sentiment_mode" value="document"/>
    </operator>
    </process>

Maybe you can help me now?

thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Regina

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hmm that's not valid XML code. Did you just copy and paste the whole thing once?  Maybe please try again?

Scott

Don't select the process, copy and paste. Enable your XML view, then select the actual XML code, copy and paste here. 

I finally managed it to quit the process successfully.

Now I have one more question, is it possible to make an excel export from the results?

I've got IOObjectCollection as a result.

Thank you in advance & best regards,

Regina

hi @regina_moser - sure you can. Just use Documents to Data, followed by Write Excel.

Scott