Downgrading 8.1 to 8

data123data123 Member Posts: 23 Maven
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi,

I've just installed rapidminer studio to 8.1 and realized it doesn't connect with rapidminer server 8.0.

How do I rollback the installation to 8.0?

Best Answer

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

you need to install 8.0 again.

Just a tip for the future: Install the various versions on the same computer works perfectly although the installer wants to remove the old one.

Here's how we do that as we have customers with various different RM versions, so we need to have all of them.

If there's new version published, execute the setup. It will ask you to remove the old one and you press ok! Then the uninstall wizard starts and you immediately cancel the uninstall. Then the install continues and you can install in an alternative location.

I usually have 3 to 5 different RM Versions actively installed and each of them has the same icon in the task bar. ;)

Greetings,

Sebastian

Answers

• hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn

Thanks Sebastian,

This is very useful to know!

regards,

Alex

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

You could download the linux version of 8.0 and run that in Windows just fine. That's usually what I do, I have a few different versions of Studio floating around on my desktop at all times. 

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yup me as well. I rename them as soon as I download so that I don't get confused. :)

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.06.57 PM.png

Scott