Options

Problem with Process Wizard

scJohnscJohn Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
New user to RapidMiner.  I am using the Process Wizard to set up my 1st experiment.  The input is a CSV file.  I run into a problem in the last step (Please specify a file name...) of the Start Data Loading Wizard. The Dta Loading Wizard has loaded the file and I have assigned the attribute values and the attribute types.  The Wizard now asks for a file name that will be used to write the .aml and .dat file.  After I enter file name - myExample and click on Finish.  I get 2 error messages.

The 1st error message is:

Error Cannot re-write data: dat(access is denied)
File NotFoundException caught:
dat(Access is denied)

I click on OK and get the second error message:

Error saving attribute file myExample
java.io FileNotFoundException: myExample (access is denie)

I click on OK and I am returned to the start of the Start Data Loading Wizard.

What am I doing wrong?

Also I am trying to find definitions/examples of the Attribute Values: nominal, binominal and polynominal and the definitions fo the Attribute Types.

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I guess, the error occurs, because the system cannot create the file you specified. Either the file is already opened, or the directory simply doesn't exist. Could you check that?

Hm, take a look into the wiki. At least nominal values are explained :)http://rapid-i.com/wiki/index.php?title=Nominal

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    According the text on the Please specify a file name..  "Please note that existing files with these names will be overwritten."    The screen also goes onto say " It is not possible to use the input file directly as out."  And since I'm entering a new file name, I don't  really under stand the 1st error message.  Instead of just seeing dat ( which is the file extension of one of the two files that is suppose to be created) I would expect to see myExample or myExample.dat in the error message.  Like what I see in the second error message for the aml file. 

If it's trying to write to a directory that does not exist.  I have no idea what directory names it's looking for.  There is a Choose button and clicking on that tells me that I am in the re_workspace directory.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    did you enter a full path to the file you want to create?
    Another possibility is, that your file contains some error, so that the converting crashes. Is it confidential data? Otherwise you might send it and I will try here to find this error.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    No, I do not enter a full path in the 'Result file name:' field.  I just enter a file name and click the Finish button.

To try entering a full path I performed the following steps:
    1:  In the rm_workspace folder, I added a new folder and named it TF.
    2:  Instead of entering a file name in the 'Result file name:', I now click on the Choose.. button.
    3:  In the Save window I select the TF folder that I created and in the entry box (above the file type list box) I enter my file name.  I click on the Save button.
    4: I am now returned to the 'Please specify a file name.." screen.  The 'Result file name:' field now has a full path to the file name that I want created.
    5: I click on the Finish button.  NO ERRORS.  I am returned to the main Process Wizard screen.

Note.  This only works with I am creating a new file name.  If I try using .aml that already exists, clicking on the Finish does nothing.  No error(s) is generated but I do not return to the main Process Wizard screen.  I just sit there at the 'Please spedify a file name..' screen.
  • Options
    Hi,
    to the first problem: If you don't specify a full path, it just tries to save it on "xyz.aml" which simply cannot exist on a windows system. Probably it should react more intelligent.
    The second problem: Does not happen on my side, so I cannot say to much about this.

Greetings,
      Sebastian