Sentiment Analysis

federica_gatto9federica_gatto9 Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

We are analyzing customer responses for a consumer product.  The data has been pulled from web based responses, all in German, and placed in an Excel file.  We are then extracting only the text review column from the Excel file and feeding this into Aylien´s sentiment analysis process.  We have 1015 records, not all that much to read, but the system simply goes into a spin cycle and never concludes.  We have waited over 40 minutes thinking that perhaps the German text was causing problems, but this is too long and we have tested the setup with a single record of German text and it appears to work fine.  We are obviously missing something.  Can someone help?

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@federica_gatto9 Aylien is a 3rd party product and if you don't get a resolution here, I would contact them directly. From what I remember, the Extract Sentiment operator from Aylien can only analyze English. Did you confirm that German can work?

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

You should also make sure that you haven't maxed out your free records---their API is limited after a certain number of calls per day unless you upgrade to a paid plan.  

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • federica_gatto9federica_gatto9 Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

@Thomas_Ott wrote:

@federica_gatto9 Aylien is a 3rd party product and if you don't get a resolution here, I would contact them directly. From what I remember, the Extract Sentiment operator from Aylien can only analyze English. Did you confirm that German can work?

Yes we tried it for single sentences in German and it was working.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@federica_gatto9 then you probably maxed out your daily limit. 

• federica_gatto9federica_gatto9 Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

@Thomas_Ott wrote:

@federica_gatto9 then you probably maxed out your daily limit. 

What is the daily limit? We only habe 1015 rows in the Excel file and tried on different days to run just this process and it never worked.

@federica_gatto9 you should check their website to be sure but I thought it was 1,000 rows per 24 hour period.