My RapidMiner can not open

keyi_wangkeyi_wang Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello guys,

I am a new user of RapidMiner Studio, and I have used it some times(flawlessly opened) on my laptop(win 10), but today i can not start it. When I click the icon this window is shown,  QQ截图20180502170024.pngbut whatever i click further(new blank or open previous process), this window disappears but nothing opens.

I have downloaded the lastest vision and restarted my laptop, reinstalled RapidMiner several times but still be in vain. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

can you please try the following:

1. Restart your computer (to make sure RM Studio is no longer running)
    2. Go to the .RapidMiner folder again, delete the "gui.properties" file
    3. Start RapidMiner Studio again

Now it should be visible again.

Regards,

Marco

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

In your computer you should have a folder in C:\Users\<yourname\.RapidMiner\

Inside there are a few files called rapidminer-studio.log which might help to see if any error was generated in the background.  

Can you see if those files contain anything linked to the same time as you try to open a new process? 

Thanks,

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

do you use or did you use in the past days multiple monitors, and external projector, a TV or something like that and put Studio on it? Because this sounds exactly like the issue I often have with Google Chrome when I unplug from a TV in a meeting room: Chrome suddenly is on a screen that is no longer there. Even though it still exists, you cannot see it. The dialog you see pops up on the main screen, but Studio may remember it's last screen.

Regards,

Marco

• keyi_wangkeyi_wang Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I have found these files and there is a file called "rapidminer-studio.log.1", it documented some errors("cannot prepare something or shutdown balabala"). Could you help me to figure out the reason?(pls see attachment)

Hello,

Thx for your reply. In fact I did not connect any external projector, but i kept rapidminer open since last use(small window) and when i reopened it, it did not work.